This short course provides a theoretical grounding and practical knowledge and skills in the field of qualitative research, including the use of computer-assisted qualitative data analysis software. Participants in this course will be conversant with qualitative research perspectives and methods, skilled in the techniques of qualitative research design and data collection, and will be competent in both manual and computer-aided qualitative data analysis.
The training will enable participants to:
- Develop deeper understanding of the principles of qualitative research
- Have practical experience in coding, categorizing and conceptualizing qualitative interview data
- Describe and distinguish between structured, semi-structured and ‘in-depth’ interviewing
- Understand debates and dilemmas in how to describe qualitative research for an academic audience
This training is targeted at a variety of program staff, management staff, project management officials, government officials, policy makers and program implementers, financial specialists, business managers, development practitioners, and NGO and CSO members. It seeks to ensure that participants are better equipped to produce winning proposals.
- Introduction to qualitative research methods
- Formulating qualitative research questions based on problem analysis
- Qualitative interviewing – theory and practice
- Focus groups in qualitative research – theory and practice
- Preliminaries of qualitative data analysis
- Qualitative data management and analysis Using NVIVO
- Design a feasible, consistent and logical small scale qualitative research proposal
- Qualitative analysis results interpretation
- Triangulating results and sources
- Writing a qualitative research report
The course will use interactive methodologies and multimedia tools, work groups, review and discussion of case studies, video and lectures. The participants will be provided with a learning package at the end of the course and pre-lecture readings.
ZMK3,000 or USD450 for international participants
See latest TIMETABLE
Tel: +260 979905556, +260 761685388