This course equips participants with required knowledge to contribute to the existing body of knowledge by communicating their research/field results to the scientific community, donor organizations, policy makers and potential users of the knowledge generated. Participants of this workshop are those who have analyzed data/findings or an early draft of their manuscript which they can work on to write their own scientific paper.
Why This Course
The course provides skills and tools needed to write readable, relevant, and credible research papers in English. The training is a combination of the presentation of guidelines in scientific writing and engaging the participants in peer-reviewing and providing feedback before they are able to write their own manuscript.
This one-week course is aimed at equipping professionals, individual researchers, undergraduate and postgraduate students with scientific writing skills.
The main objective of the course is to enable participants to:
- Designing and organizing a scientific article for publication
- Learn the basic guidelines in writing a scientific paper.
- Engage in peer-reviewing and providing feedback to fellow participants; and
- Write and/or revise their scientific paper.
By the end of the course students will:
- Write a complete article for publication
- review a scientific paper
- Write and/or revising a scientific paper
- Publish a scientific paper
- Overview of Statistics
- Visual Data Representation
- Abstract and Title
- Writing the introduction
- Writing the materials and methods
- Presenting the results and discussion
- Making conclusions
- Preparing references
- Manuscript Abstract
- Peer review and feedback
- Writing and/or revising the scientific paper
- Acknowledgments and publication
This training targets research analysts, Data collectors, program staff, academia, students, and research consultants responsible for undertaking research related assignments.
All payments should be made using the link below:
If you are unable to pay using the online methods listed above please, contact Keno Institute for alternative methods of payment.
Registration: Interested participants should click on the link below https://kenoinstitute.org/register/ and send a copy of the proof of payment, full details (Full Name, Address, Email Address, contact Number) to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact line: +260770346838 / +260761685388