Keno Institute of Training & Research offers a wide range of training and development opportunities designed to provide students with professional skills to design and conduct high quality studies. This short course offers the fundamental application of research methods and research design. It will provide an overview of research with a focus on quantitative and qualitative research on how these can work together in a mixed methods approach.
Through this 4-week short course, participants will have knowledge and some experience with working on both qualitative and quantitative methodologies in a mixed methods approach.
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the various philosophical qualitative and quantitative approaches to research
- Describe and apply fundamentals of qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods research to a plan or proposal
- Identify a research problem to study of appropriate scope
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic foundations of research design including ethical requirements of research involving human subjects
- Know how to write and develop objectives, purpose statements, aim, or research question
- Develop a plan for data collection and analysis
- Defend their choice of methods and research design
- Evaluate social research literature to make informed decisions
- Design and critically appraise a mixed methods study
- Defining research
- Understanding the importance of research
- Identifying a research problem
- Reviewing of literature (including the use of Mendeley referencing software)
- Specifying an objective, purpose, research questions, or hypotheses
- Selecting a research design
- 3 Major quantitative designs
- 3 Major qualitative designs
- Mixed methods design
- Ethical standards in Research
- Sampling Techniques quantitative and qualitative Research
- Data collection Methods in quantitative and qualitative
- Data management and analysis methods for quantitative and qualitative research
- Analyzing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data
- Introduction to quantitative data analysis with SPSS
- Introduction to qualitative data analysis with Atlas.ti 7
- Writing up of research findings
- basics of writing an abstract
- Basics of writing your research findings into a journal
- Basics of writing up your findings for your thesis
- Reading materials and presentations will be provided to registered students
The course will feature a blend of teaching and learning styles.
- This course will be taught online, using a blend of asynchronous and synchronous teaching, as well as online live teaching.
- The course will start in the morning with asynchronous material (readings that will be provided and work on own projects), followed by live class lectures 18:30- Hrs.- 20:30 Hrs. and virtual office hour consultations at 8:45hours daily.
- Participants will be required to develop a study of their own which they will be expected to develop throughout the course and present at the start and end of the course using PowerPoint.
ZMK 2,800 |USD 127.27
See latest TIMETABLE
All payments should be made using the link below:
If you are unable to pay using the online methods listed above please, contact Keno Institute for alternative methods of payment.
Registration: Interested participants should click on the link below https://kenoinstitute.org/register/ and send a copy of the proof of payment, full details (Full Name, Address, Email Address, contact Number) to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact line: +260770346838 / +260761685388