Project Management is the process of effectively planning and managing projects, programmes, and organizations. It is used widely in the development sector. This short course is aimed at equipping participants with knowledge, skills, and attitudes in Project Management to enable them plan, execute, monitor, and control projects. The course will also equip participants with an advanced skill set in Microsoft Project to enable them plan, schedule, track projects.
This course identifies key management skills required by project managers, operational staff, project planners and technical team among others and equips them with an understanding of project management techniques, tools, and practices crucial for managing projects successfully and the ability to deliver outputs efficiently.
Who: This course is designed for all people that want to improve the way their projects are managed, including professionals wishing to upgrade their skills and knowledge, team members, supervisors of project managers and students of project management. Participants to our courses come from various parts of the world, a medium level of reading and writing English is recommended.
Number of Participants: 35 Slots available
This is a 4 Week-Virtual Training (2 hours once a day Monday-Thursday for 4 weeks)
April 19 – May 14, 2021.
Training Fee: ZMK 2800 / USD 130
- Examine the nature and scope of Project Management.
- Explain the Framework for Managing Projects
- Explain Project Initiation
- Plan Projects
- Execute Project Execution
- Monitor and Control Projects
- Close Project
- Explain the Microsoft Project Interface
- Schedule Projects using MS Project.
- Prepare New Projects
- Track Projects
- Customize Views and Fields
- Undertake Project Reporting
INTRODUCTION TO PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Definition of Project and Project Management
- The distinguishing characteristics of project management
- Challenges of project management
- New tools for project management
THE FRAMEWORK FOR MANAGING PROJECTS
- The Project Management Framework projects
- Grouping Projects into components
- Project Process groups
- Project management knowledge areas.
- The triple constraint models.
- Project Processes
- Project Functions and processes for projects
- Skills necessary for project managers
- Definition of Project Initiation
- Project Management Framework
- Project Environment
- Definition of Project Planning
- Panning Project and Scope
- Planning for the Project Schedule Management
- Planning for Project Resources, Cost and Procurement Management
- Planning Quality and Risk Management
- Planning for Communication and Stakeholder Management
- Definition of Project Execution/Implementation
- Project Launch
- Managing execution/implementation of project work
- Managing Project Resources, Cost and Procurement
- Managing Stakeholder Engagement and Communication
PROJECT MONITORING AND CONTROLLING
- Meaning of Monitoring and Controlling
- Monitoring and Controlling the project work
- Monitoring and Controlling the Scope, Schedule, and Resources
- Monitoring Stakeholder Engagement and Communication
MICROSOFT PROJECT INTERFACE
- Running Microsoft Project for the first time
- Microsoft Project Interface
- Using the Ribbon
- Using the Backstage
MICOSOFT PROJECT SCHEDULING
- Constraint Based Scheduling
- Critical Path and User Controlled Scheduling
- Configure Project Options
PREPARING NEW PROJECTS
- Create a New Project
- Configure a Project Calendar
ESTIMATING THE PROJECT
- Add tasks to the Project.
- Add durations to each task.
- Add predecessors to each task.
- Create a Critical Path
- Create Resource Assignments
- Build a Work Breakdown Structure
- Add Costs to the Project
- Add Milestones to the Project
- Add lag and review the Critical Path
- Adjust Resource Allocations
TRACKING THE PROJECT
- Create a Baseline.
- Task Status Updates
- Resource Status Assignment Updates
CUSTOMISE VIEWS AND FIELDS
- Create Custom Views and Tables
- Create Custom Fields
- Create Graphic Indicators
- Working with the Timelines
- Multiple Timelines
- Working with Reporting Module
- Agile Projects
- Using the Task Board
- Definition of Project Closing
- Closing Process Group
- Lessons learned Summary
- Project or Phase Close out
Reading materials, recordings and presentations will be provided to registered students.
How to Register
The course fee is due before the start of the course, you can receive a 10% discount if payment is made one week before the course starts. Use the promo code 20KENOPMMS to obtain the discount. We offer additional discounts for groups from development organizations. We will close the registration one day before the start of the course.
Register Online: https://kenoinstitute.org/keno-institute-register/
All payments should be made using the link below:
If you are unable to pay using the online methods listed above please, contact Keno Institute for alternative methods of payment.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com/ Contact line: +260 971 696 044/ +260 770 346 838: +260 761 685 388