This short course provides a theoretical grounding and practical knowledge and skills in the field of qualitative research, including the use of computer-assisted qualitative data analysis software. Participants in this course will be conversant with qualitative research perspectives and methods, skilled in the techniques of qualitative research design and data collection and will be competent in both manual and computer-aided qualitative data analysis.
Qualitative research can be used to understand the research setting, improve design and tools, as well for triangulation: better understanding, insight and interpretation of research findings. Including qualitative component in research studies is of significant essence. Therefore researchers, including quantitative researchers, should become skilled at qualitative methods.
The course objectives include helping participants achieve the overall understanding of qualitative research methodology with key focus on qualitative data analysis using ATLAS.ti.
By the end of the training participants will:
- Develop deeper understanding of the principles of qualitative research
- Have practical experience in coding, categorizing and conceptualizing qualitative interview data
- Describe and distinguish between structured, semi-structured and ‘in-depth’ interviewing
- Understand debates and dilemmas in how to describe qualitative research for an academic audience Course Content
- Introduction to qualitative research methods
- Formulating qualitative research questions based on problem analysis
- Qualitative interviewing – theory and practice
- Focus groups in qualitative research – theory and practice
- Preliminaries of qualitative data analysis
- Qualitative data management and analysis Using Atlas.ti
- Design a feasible, consistent and logical small scale qualitative research proposal
- Qualitative analysis results interpretation
- Triangulating results and sources
- Writing a qualitative research report
- Analyze and interpret qualitative data using ATLAS.ti
- Explain when and how to conduct focus group discussions 3. Write clear qualitative research questions
Registration: Interested participants should register on our website: http://kenoinstitute.org. You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +260761685388
ONLY LIMITED PLACES ARE AVAILABLE